Congratulations on taking the first step towards having a better and brighter smile!
Post-op Instructions: In-Office Teeth Whitening
Please follow the instructions below to help you maintain your new whiter smile and to minimize any post-operative discomfort:
- Do NOT eat, drink or smoke for the next 3 hours
- Some patient may experience increased tooth sensitivity to cold during or after treatment, symptoms should subside within 1-3 days. If sensitivity is severe or persists, please contact Top Class Dental.
- Stay away from highly coloured foods (curry, red sauce, blueberries, soy sauce, etc.) and beverages (coffee, tea, red wine, etc.) for the next 2 weeks.
- Immediate whitening results can be quite dramatic due to minor dehydration of your teeth. It is normal for the colour to tone down somewhat after treatment when your teeth rehydrate to a natural white tone.
- The area of the tooth closet to the gums may take longer to lighten than the biting edge. It will also remain the darkest part of the tooth.
- Long term results vary from patient to patient. This can depend on the original shade of your teeth and include habits such as smoking or drinking coloured beverages (red wine, coffee, tea, etc.)
- “Touch-up” treatments may be needed every 6-12 months to retain colou Please ask us about the different “touch-up” options.
- Existing fillings, crowns, bonding, etc. will not whiten. Therefore, these may need to be changed in order to match your new smile.
- Use Colgate Sensitive Pro-Relief Toothpaste/ Sensodyne (or any similar toothpaste) to release the discomfort after whitening.
- If your family or friends notice your new smile, let them know that zoom whitening can help improve their smile too!